Friday, April 17, 2009

5K Fun Run



This year I ran my first 5K. You runners out there are probably thinking...ha! Piece of Cake! Well, you just go ahead and think that! The fun part of this race was that I ran with all four of my sisters. We usually do some kind of a girls weekend and Tiff got the brainy idea that we should run some kind of a race or do some kind of physical event together this year--of course not to take the place of girls weekend but to add to it.

They waited a month after Julia was born to start training--and unfortunaltley she's the only excuse I had for my performance. I didn't train like I should have and the furthest I ran was the week of the race and it was only 2. something miles, but I was pushing Julia in a jogging stroller so I thought I'd be just fine!

Come race morning, which was Easter Saturday (yup that rainy morning) I had to drag my bootey out of bed to be at the race by 7:30 to get our packets and stuff. Kandice made matching shirts with a saying that Cheri made up. You can't tell from the pictures so I'll tell you what they said:

Running Shoes....$70

Custom T-Shirt....$10

Running with your sisters...Priceless

and then on the front they had whatever number of sister we were (I'm #4 out of the 5)

It was a fun race and we all stayed together...until I hit the Mile 2 mark. I had to take a breather and walk a bit while Trudi, Kandice and Tiff kept going (thank goodness Cheri stuck with me). I won't give all the details of the race but that's pretty much how we finished. Trudi, Tiffani and Kandice came in under 30 minutes and Cheri and I finished 20 something seconds after. My time was 30:22--I figured that was alright for my first real race :)

They gave awards for the different age groups. Trudi, Cheri and Kandice all took one of the first three places in their age category so they won something. Tiffani and I...well, just won the fact that we ran a race together.

No comments: