Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Back, They're Back, I'm Back

I've been without our computer for that past week so I've been using our old one...which doesn't work like it should. I couldn't follow any links that I clicked on or print any coupons that I couldn't pull up--doesn't make sense? Doesn't matter-The computer is fixed and back! I can't believe how dependant I am on it. So that's the "It's Back" part.

My parent are finally home after serving their mission in Nauvoo for the past two years. I haven't seen them yet but talked on the phone with them and so happy they're home. I think I'm most excited for them to see Julia because they haven't seen her (well besides the pictures). So, there's the "They're Back" part.


I've had a few things happen that I wanted to blog about and I could have pulled out the journal and wrote them down but what about the fun pictures?? Where would they go? So I decided to wait until the computer came back to blog about life. Julia is getting so good at sitting up! She can't really roll over and hates being on her tummy but she loves sitting up if there are toys to play with. She doesn't want anything to do with food yet--unless it's a little piece of bread from mom's dinner plate.


Easter came and went and this is the best picture of the three Calico Kids together--couldn't get Julia to look up. We went to Todd's G-ma & G-pa Wittwer's on Sunday for a great dinner and egg hunt. Sunday morning was cute because Payton brought his Easter basket in the house and said, "How did Grandma Wittwer get here so fast?" He knows she's the Easter Bunny (at least at her house she is).

The boys had been fighting a bit last week and I got to the point that I needed to take action. I just hope the action I took isn't considered child abuse. I told them if they were going to fight again I was going to tie them together and give them a chore to complete and they would have to work together. It wasn't five minutes later that I took some drawstring from a pair of shorts (not sure what shorts they're from yet) and tied their arms together and sent them to get the mail. Porter was bawling! He didn't want to be tied together! They came back from the mail box laughing with each other and told me about the ant that tried to bite Porter on the way back. Seemed to work, right? Well, the next day I hear them fighting again and then I hear Payton say, "We better stop fighting or mom's going to tie us together again." The fighting stopped for a moment and then started again. If it hadn't been for Payton's comment I would have forgotten about my plan of "tying them together". So I got the "rope" and tied their ankles together (kinda like you do when you're going to run a three legged race--Brenda and I were the best together) then I told them to walk around the house together and they had to work together. They were both crying this time. Sad thing is that they didn't figure out they could have easily slipped it off their feet if they wanted to--or had thought about it. It wasn't tied that tight. I had to video tape them coming around the house because I thought it was so funny that something I loved to do as a kid is turning into punishment for my kids...how does that work?

One Last Thing...

Happy Birthday Brenda!!

I consider Brenda my best friend growing up because it seems like we did EVERYTHING together! Today is her b-day and I hope she enjoys every minute! If I had a scanner that worked I would have some awesome photo's to post of her but we'll save that for another post.

11 comments:

The Hansen Family said...

I have totally done that to my boys. Great minds think alike! Good luck with the fighting. If you find something that totally fixes it please let me know!

Angie said...

I was wondering where you had gone. This was such a fun post to read Misti! That is so exciting that your parents are home! I would love to see some old pics of you and Brenda so if you get your scanner fixed be sure to post. Oh, and your parenting tricks are great!

Andrus Family said...

Thanks for the birthday shout! But remember we aren't celebrating this year so we can stay 29!!!
We totally ROCKED at the three legged race even if we weren't the same height. Those were the good old days! Love the punishment method, I have tried something similar but haven't tied them together yet. I think I may have to try that.

Krystal Trapnell said...

Happy birthday Brenda! In my mind, Misti and Brenda always went together, too. Love you both!

Misti, I dreamt about you last night (second time in the last couple weeks). We were playing some sort of hide and seek game in a house Jeff and I were thinking of buying. Weird. Still, fun that you were there!

Cluffers said...

When you told me about the tying up thing I thought it was funny, but watching it is so much more funny. Dave got a good kick out of it also.

rayndrop said...

oh misti. you do make me laugh so. i think you have a great sense of humor. i like your upbeat personality and get a kick out of those boys!

Shannon said...

I love that you tied the boys together. It's awesome! Now that I can see a picture of your mom, I totally recognize her from the temple. She is a nice lady. I bet you are glad to have them back. I always love reading your blog. Your stories always make me laugh.

Morgie said...

Hey those are some good tips for when i have some kiddos of my own!!! but that's a long time from now! I just entered middle school!!! 6th grade!!! 1st year!!! thats still like 10 years! its a good thing to look forward too!

I have to have glasses. i will have them in about a week. the next time i see u i will have glasses. ooooohhhhh!!! i will have to take pictures of me now,and after i get my glasses, i will post some pics!!!

The Johnson's said...

I can't believe you would torture your child like that. I wish I would of thought of it. I am glad you have your parents home.

Tiffani said...

I may just have to report you! I dare you to try that with RJ and Payton. Let me know how that one turns out for you!

Rach said...

I'm glad you're back, and they're back--that's exciting. I can't believe they haven't been able to kiss on that cute fat baby :)