Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Muzzle Loader coming to a close

Well, Todd has been gone with my bro-in-law Dave hunting since Saturday and won't be back until tomorrow....sometime. It hasn't been awful without him but it hasn't been all hunky dory either. I'm having trouble with my four year old being able to listen and follow directions. Now I'm told this is normal but it is sooooo frustrating! Kandice, Tiffani and I went yard sale shopping on Saturday. (here's a picture of all our treasures!) Somehow Tiff got her hubby to take her boys along on his muzzle loader hunt. Gunna have to do some practicing i guess to get Todd to take that hint. Anyway we went to Costco later that day. The dang kid (talking about Payton here) got lost...well...so he ran away trying to be funny. Costco's a bit larger than our house or even Nissons Food Town for that matter so his mom didn't find it a bit funny when she found him standing on top to three stacks high of the tissue paper in the back of the store. He had a bird's eye view of his mom looking for him I'm sure and was probably just thriving on the whole experience of watching me freak out! Well, there's more instances of course but I'm sure excited to have Todd come home so he can deal with him for a little while.
Of course we have done some fun things while Todd's been gone. Last night was probably one of the most fun things. Kandice called me up Monday and said she had a fun idea for dinner and FHE that night. She brought over some Kimono's (sp?) that my bro. brought home from his mission to Japan and we made Chinese food. The boys dressed up and used chop sticks and everything. It was a fun way to have dinner and something different. Payton asked this morning if we were going to have China food again today. Thanks Kandice for spicing up our lives. We just got back from the Rec Center and the boys are zonked out on the couch and their bed so I thought it was a perfect time to do a bit of blogging. I would love to say I'll have a great post on the successful hunt tomorrow but I know Todd a bit better. He's not shooting anything unless it's a monster buck...and do those really exist?

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

Yard selling was good fun. The bike I bought for RJ was the best $5 I have ever spent. Thanks for doing the wheeling and dealing! I would love it if you came and cooked chinese for me. How about it?

Cluffers said...

I do have to say that it is funny watching Payton not listen to you. It would drive me crazy also but I am glad that I dont have to deal with that right now, I have my own issues. Dinner was fun, we should do it again sometime!