Thursday, September 18, 2008

Porter's 3!!


Porter got to celebrate (if that's what we actually did) his third birthday yesterday. I felt pretty bad because I had to work all day and didn't spend too much time in planning a party or making a terrific cake--as if all day would have helped me making a great cake. I'm not like Tiff and can't whip up a fabulous looking birthday cake that people would actually want to eat.
Anyway Todd and I decided it was time he got his first bike. Of course he's so stinkin' small that we knew we had to get the smallest bike possible if he was going to ride it. Even the 12" bike was a little to large but I think he'll adjust...or we're going to have leg extensions put on Porter. He got to spend the day w/g-ma Julie opening presents and had lunch at McDonalds. Yeah, got spoiled by grandma. That night we made a "Rodeo Cake" which really was just a cake with a few farm animals on it.

We really lived it up! Tiff's family came over and had some cake and brought a present all the kids enjoyed playing with while us old folks sat around and yakked. We were all in bed by 9:45. What a great birthday eh? Good thing he's only 3 and he may not really remember how much planning--or I should say the lack of planning--went into his special day. We sure love this little stinker anyway!! Tonight we're going to the Rodeo w/Kandice and Tiff's families to really live it up. Yahoo!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

I am horrible at decorating cakes so in my opinion, yours turned out great! Porter is such a handsome little guy.

Tryin' to keep up said...

Happy Birthday Porter! Don't feel bad, and don't ask how many of my kids feel cheated on birthday parties. The cake lookss great, and especially when you can play with the animals in the future, it will be remembered longer and in a great way. Ask a child if they care what their cake was or what it looked like, it just matters how the icing tastes!!

Cluffers said...

I am so sad that we didnt get invited over for cake and Icecream! Porter is a cute little fart and i just love him to death! Yee Haw the rodeo was great and your cake looked better.

Tiffani said...

I thought the cake was great, and the animals were great entertainment for the big boys. Thanks for letting us crash your party!