Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Trudi


What's left of today is still my sister's birthday. I can never out-do Tiff's tribute to Trudi but I can think of a few things to add to the list. Ahhh memories...aint they grand...
-This is more of confession than a tribute to Trudi but I used to "borrow" money from her little red piggy bank in her room to take a few trips to Nissons. (I really needed the candy Trudi)
-When we were kids we would always sneak the video camera to make movies with our friends. Trudi busted us every time and I have a few videos with her voice complaining about the mess we had left.
-Trudi was never shy about bringing boys around...lets see if I remember a few: Brian Peacock and Bags seem to be in the forefront of my mind. Never got to meet the Brazilian hunk from the pictures.
-I do remember a great birthday she had for me at the Bluff's Motel. Of course she had invited a bunch of her friends instead of mine but it was a fun suprise to get to go swimming for my birthday.
-Now that we're older I don't get to share many memories, just hear about them from a distance: Karaoke at Big Lots the day after Thanksgiving for a swinging deal on a bike. Crying on her 30th Birthday because she was so old.
-Of course there are the fond memories we get to create on girl's weekend's we have once a year: Big mouth, spread fingers for every picture. Losing to me in Sing Star.
-Trudi's always been super tight with money (I mean FRUGAL) and she's always been a tidy freak. I'll never forget leaving her home in Tooele one time after being there for a few days. The minute we were out of the house, she had the vacuum going. Thanks Trud! Great example of Godliness--because you're so neat and clean.
Happy Birthday Sis! I hope you know you're soooo loved!

4 comments:

Tiffani said...

I love that picture of Trudi, never seen that one before! And I hadn't heard about the Birthday party at the motel either. That one is funny!! Thanks for being the videographery of D.H.

Cluffers said...

Those are some great memories of Trudi. I havent heard of some of these stories, I guess that is what happens when you are the youngest and dont hear all the good stuff.

Tryin' to keep up said...

Lucky for Trudi that one the could dish up the most dirt on her doesn't stop and take the time to blog for her birthday. A phone call is all she can get out of me. I'll have to dish on her some other occasion. Thanks for keeping her spirit alive online! Thanks heavens for sisters!!

The Calico Crew said...

Cheri, just give us some of the dirt...you know stuff other than kissing her brother under water and stuff like that.