Saturday, May 31, 2008

Go Yankee's! (T-ball Yankee's only)

Well, T-ball has come to the close and thus our first season of playing sports is at an end. How I will miss watching my son look so stunning in his t-shirt, cleats, baseball mitt and his so awesome hat. I think back and wonder why the heck I didn't video tape the boy with all the skills he showed this season. I mean no one else on the team warmed up quite the way Payton did when he was up to bat. He had to take about three warm up swings to make sure he was going to hit the ball and then sometimes it took three real swings to hit the ball. His Aunt Tiff and I were the coaches this year so not only did I get to enjoy the games but also the joy that comes with practice. After Todd watched a couple games he decided he needed to get and throw the ball and help him hit the ball so he didn't look so outstanding. I guess his dad decided he only needed one practice one on one with the boy because that's all he seemed to get in. Even G-ma Julie came and watched the all star hit a "fire ball"--at least Payton felt good about his games. That's really all that matters. It was a fun season. I'll post the team picts as soon as Tiff decides to share them. GOOOO Yankees!

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

I love the T-ball post! And I must say the boy would for sure win the MVP of the team if they gave out the award. What a funny kid. you must not forget he was the youngest on the team so to have those type of skills already you might want to find him an agent now before too many talent scouts catch wind of his greatness.