Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

The weekend of Memorial Day started on Saturday for us. Uncle Dave bought a new motorcylce and brought it over to show the boys. Todd was gone fishing with some of his buddies on the fire crew so we were really bored...just making bran muffins and watching TV. I thought Dave was just going to show off his new toy but he actually took us all for a ride. Payton ran faster than ever to get his shoes and socks on (the wrong foot of course) and then he needed his helmet because Dave had a helmet. He loved it. He said his favorite thing was the bumps. When we put Porter on I was a big nervous that he might fall off the back but he held on tight and made it back alive. When it was my turn I was a bit nervous. It's a bit different than a four wheeler. Payton said his favorite parts were the bumps but I think that was my least favorite part. I think the best part was starting and stopping. I know I look like a total biker babe is this picture and I actually knew better than to put in on but I'm going against my better judgement just to give you all a good laugh. Go on...yuck it up! Well the morning started out fun anyway. We love Dave's new toy!

That afternooon we took naps and then we drove out to Fredonia with Kandice Dave and Emmie to ride horses. Someone gave us a free horse named Jem and Todd hadn't riden her yet so we took the chance to go out and ride horses. I wish I had a picture of us on the horses but it didn't turn out so here's a picture of Kandice and Emmie on Kandice's horse. Payton rode with me (on a horse named Brown) and Porter rode with Dave. We all had fun although Payton wanted to ride with his dad the whole time and Porter's little boy part was getting a bit squished on the saddle. It was a fun way to end the day.

Sunday was spent in an early Sacrament meeting so we could make it to a family reunion that Todd's g-ma Ila had in Virgin later that day. It was fun for the kids because they had a big bounce house that kept all the kids entertained. Of course the reunion wasn't enough fun for me to take any pictures so I'll just call it good by telling you it was great.

Monday Todd left in the morning with Dave to go ride horses again. I took the boys up to the new City Rec. Center and let them swim. Payton loves to swim everywhere. I strap on his life jacket and he's off to the races. I'm sure the lifeguards hate him because they tell him to stop running and he listens to them just as well as he listens to his mom. Just ask Tason (my nephew) who is a lifeguard at the pool. That night after we got all cleaned up from swimming we took the boys out to the cemetary in Santa Clara. The boys asked plenty of questions and let us know if they died they would just wake up and be alive again. It was good for us to go and visit the gravesites of Todd's dad and little brother Trent.

Well, to say the least it was an evenful Memorial Day Weekend. I think we made some memories that will last a little while. Porter's not ready to go on a horse any time soon because of his experience so maybe not all the memories made are good but at least they're memories.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I am so glad you started a blog! Your boys are so cute. I am impressed you were making bran muffins - way to be healthy! I can't believe someone else knows where Fredonia is besides me! My Grandpa had a ranch right close to there and he was born there too. You guys had a busy weekend!

Tiffani said...

No fair you got to go on Dave's new toy. I love that Payton wore his bike helmet, way to be safe buddy! A motorcycle ride AND a horse ride? How come you are the most chosen?

*crazy 'bout volleyball* said...

Dang Misti you seem to get all the fun lol It sounds like you had an awesome memorial day weekend! All my family did was go to Lagoon, but I guess that was pretty fun!