Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Almost a Home Owner...Almost

So building a house isn't as tough as some say. It's actually going pretty darn fast. We're in the process of insulating now and then later this week (so Todd says) we're supposed to be getting some of the dry wall completed. It's actually looking like a house and pretty soon I'm going to know what it's like to pay for a house. I'm enjoying the process while we go. Of course there are a few set backs and I'm learning what it's going to be like when we have our own home that we have to take care of and manage...even when things go wrong. Yesturday we went and met w/ the guy doing the insulation and he pointed out our first broken window. Someone had thrown a rock through it and it will have to be replaced. Bad thing is we haven't even paid for the windows yet (still waiting for that invoice).
I guess things happen to home which make it a liability with all the upkeep. I am excited to be moving in the next couple months because it's our FIRST HOME!! Payton is loving the neighbors and will love living closer to his best friend Luke.
I will have to take some more recent photos of the house but I keep wanting to wait until the stucco is done or the roofing is finished.

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

Did the people on the roof of your house know that they would soon have celebrity status by having this picture posted on YOUR BLOG? That stinks about the window, lets hope it is the first and the last window that gets broken in that house.

Cluffers said...

Super exciting about the house. I hope it keeps going well and as fast. I dont know what I am going to do with out you so close by. Life is going to suck big time!