Thursday, August 11, 2011

Bottle vs Boob


Forgive the title but that's what this post is all about. I've been able to pump at least 4 oz of milk every morning and I've been freezing it. The whole pumping experience has been funny with the kids. They know where the pump is and they think that's where my milk comes from--the pump. Of course they know Jess can only have the milk mom gives her and they know how I feed her. Yesterday I decided I might as well even see if Jess will take a bottle--what's the point of pumping if she won't take it that way? I was a little apprehensive because I haven't gotten her to even like a binkie. ALL my kids have taken binkie's right off the bat. Not this girl. She gags and gags some more. We're still working on the binkie thing--I can't give up! I rely on it too much!
Back to the bottle-She actually took it and drank from the bottle!! Of course it took way longer than it does for me to nurse her but I was happy to see she'd at least drink from one. Porter was so excited to see her drinking from a bottle. He ran in the other room to let Payton know, "Jess can drink from a bottle now!!" I know the kids will love to be able to feed her, when I give them a chance. Later, Porter said, "Are you so excited now Jess can drink a bottle and you don't have to feed her with your boob?" Ahh, Porter. How I love you and the funny things you are saying lately--even if I'm not sure it's always good, it's usually enough to make me smile.

1 comment:

jaesi said...

oh the freeeeeeeedom of a pumped bottle! hallelujah!