Monday, December 7, 2009

A Hunting We Did Go...

Saturday we went out to find our Christmas Tree. Now I know most everyone else had theirs up in November --some even before Thanksgiving (???) but our family usually goes the first Saturday in December. We went out to our usual spot on the Kaibab looking for our tree. The kids were pumped to play in the snow. When we got there we found very little snow to play in and the wind was blowing enough for me to let Todd go look around and then come back and tell us what he found. The boys played in the snow until they got too cold and the first time Julia fell in it, she was done. She did get her first taste of snow and I think she liked it. Just not when both her hands were filled with the freezing stuff. After driving to a couple spots Todd came back with three possible trees to check out. We decided to have a bite of lunch before we checked them out so we could just load the tree and head on home. The tree we chose wasn't the most beautiful or the more perfect tree. We call it our "non typical" tree because it actually is one tree that stems out into three --so I guess that means we could have had three stars this year-but we don't. I love going out together as a family just because it's time together. On the ride home I talked to the boys about the Nativity and why we really celebrate Christmas. It was enough to put them both to sleep. Everyone helped decorate the tree (except for Jul's--she was napping) and after three broken balls Porter was pulled off ball duty and put on wooden angel duty. Todd was such a good sport. I had forgotten he didn't love this stuff until later when he reminded me how much he "{loved} putting up Christmas lights". I didn't even realize he was putting lights up outside until he was almost done. Well, another Christmas season started {YAHOO!!}

I had to put a picture of this shelf in because I love it! My neighbor across the street made it and I got a swinging deal on it (if anyone's interested he has a couple more he's selling for a great deal!)

2 comments:

Cade+Sierra+Averlin said...

Todds not wearing glasses!! I like it!! Your Christmas tree is sooo big, I wish I could talk cade into not putting up our lousy 4 ft tree!!And I think Julia is so cute in that puffed up jacket.. ha ha she reminds me of a cartoon... a cute cartoon that is!! I cant wait to see ya this wednesday!!
ps
LOVE the shelf!

Tiffani said...

Your tree (might I say it again) is the best looking non-typical tree I have ever layed eyes on. I wonder what it would "score"? You also got some fab. pictures of the christmas tree hunting!