Friday, May 1, 2009

Like Father Like Son

Check out my mini archer in training. He's been wanting to shoot his bow ever since his dad pulled it out to let him try it.
THE RULES:
(Todd made the boys repeat them to him)

..A bow is not a toy, it is a weapon!..
..I will never shoot my bow unless my dad is with me.. (this rule got changed to "if my mom or dad is with me")..
I will never shoot my bow if kids are outside playing..
I think he looks like a cute little archer and I love seeing Todd outside with him trying to help him. Here's the check list they go through..
..Knock (the arrow)

..Finger tabs

..Stance

..Draw ..Anchor
..Aim

..Release

This doesn't happen very often so when he hits the target, we have to take a picture!
With the practice lately it's been shortened to "Stance, Anchor, Aim, Release". Can't wait until his dad will take him with him to tournaments so they can shoot together. He's getting better at shooting his bow but he's not very accurate...YET! At least he's learning. I'll post some more video later when I make the time to choose the cutest one.

6 comments:

Tiffani said...

I could tell there had been some archery going on at your house when I told him to get his stance right at T-ball. I opened a can of worms with that one.

Cluffers said...

He cracks me up. Way to go Todd for teaching your boy how to shoot. Are you that good of a shot Todd?

rayndrop said...

that is pretty cool. i am truly amazed. it makes me want isaac to learn something that cool.

Angie said...

He is a talented little guy! Todd is so good to take time to teach him all his cool tricks.

KT Bundy said...

he's a better shot then I am! i love the moment to get the boogie too!

Ashton & Nikell Dodge said...

hi! thanks :) the only two we can agree on so far are sophie and oakley. so we don't really know on a name yet. if you have any suggestions let me know!