Friday, June 20, 2008

Youth Conference

Last weekend I was able to go up to Manti with the youth of our ward for our Ward Youth Conference. We went to the Manti Pageant Thursday night. I remember watching the pageant when I was little but I remember very little from back then...except for the angel Moroni on top of the temple. The pageant was great and made me think about how little I really know about the Book of Mormon. Now when I read the B.O.M I really try to figure out who's talking and how they relate to those I might know a little better in the book of mormon. The next day we got to do a service project on the temple grounds. The weeds there are nothing like the weeds here. They all came out so easily...must be the location? Later that day was spent at Palasade Lake (I hope I spelled it right). It was so beautiful there. I'm so used to red rock and red dirt that the green trees and grass threw me off a bit. The water was freezing but that didn't stop the crazy teenagers. I got plenty of sunshine while we were there. That night was our testimony meeting. It was different than most of the testimony meetings I've been to. We held it in the front room of the home we were staying in instead of building a fire and going outside. It was good to hear the testimonies of the youth. This next sunday our ward is getting new Bishopric as well as having our ward boundaries changed to there was a lot of emotion during the testimony meeting. After that we cooked s'mores over the BBQ and then called it a night. We were up the next day ready to clean house and pack up. It seemed like short Youth Conference but I really enjoyed my time with the youth and all the leaders. I'm so glad there are great programs like this in the church. Just thinking about my own boys getting to have opportunities like this down the road makes me excited because they were so important in my youth and helped me gain the testimony I have now.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Somebody told me that you were pregnant, but it sure doesn't show...at least in that picture. How fun to go to the Manti pageant. I'm a tiny bit jealous of working with the youth, and then again, I'm not too jealous. I like where I'm at. Glad you had fun.

Tiffani said...

I wish I could have seen the pageant. You look like one of the youth in that first picture. I had to look at it carefully before I found you.

Angie said...

You do look so young and not pregnant at all! I bet the youth love you! The YW/YM program is so important in this crazy world we live in!

trent & alisa said...

it sounds like you had fun! i miss those girls so much. girls camp is coming up....i know it wont be as fun without me. jk. so im finally starting my own blog. but i have been very slow at getting it done!

*crazy 'bout volleyball* said...

Hey Misti! Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I wish I could have gone! We have girls camp today and we are going to Logan and staying in a lodge so hopefully it'll be fun, and of course my mom's the camp director so it should be even funner!! :) lol