Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Bus Left Me!

Porter being picked up for Kindergarten
Moving to our new house has brought many changes. One of these changes has been a new school. We don't live close enough for the kids to walk/ride bikes or scooters anymore. They have to ride the bus. They are totally excited!! We'll see how long this lasts.
This morning I sent Payton up the road a little after 8:00 am...thinking the bus came around 8:10? the bus stop is just up the street from us and I watched from the road until I saw the bus do its loop around the subdivision above ours. I couldn't see Payton but assumed he would get on the bus. Around 8:15 he came back home. I asked what had happened! How could he have missed the bus??!!
"The bus just left me!" Payton said. I told him that he had to run to the bus stop because the bus doesn't wait for kids who are just taking their own sweet time to get on the bus. About 8:30 I loaded the kids up to take Payton to school. As I'm about to round the corner, I see a group of elementary aged kids across the road playing. I asked Payt if that was his bus stop. He said, "Well, that's where they dropped me off yesterday." I said, "Ok-it's your bus stop. You haven't missed the bus. Get out of the car and go wait with the other kids."
No wonder the other bus left him. It wasn't his bus! I'm sure this is of the first of many 'New School' experiences we will have.
(pictures will be coming...)

1 comment:

Tiffani said...

I could here your voice in the "Ok-it's your bus stop" part. made me laugh cuz I knew just how it sounded when you said it!
Oh the joy's of riding the school bus! Thank goodness they have an aunt close enough they can still get there bike rides in.