Friday, May 20, 2011

Porter Potty


 This post is all about Porter. 
(The name Porter Potty came from Todd's g-ma Wittwer. She has nick names for everyone and puts them on place cards for Thanksgiving dinner.) I just needed to write down a few funny things I want to remember about this boy before his mom gets too old and forgets.
He doesn't sleep in his bed the right way. He likes to lay with his pillow at the foot of his bed and sleeps on top of his covers with just his blanket from G-ma Turek over the top of him. Sometime in the night (yes, EVERY night) he will come into our room and sleep on the floor until morning. Once Todd's gone to work, he will crawl into bed with me until we HAVE to get up.
Another funny thing he does is when he has to go pee. I know some boys have been taught to 'shake it' when they are done. Porter prefers to slap his tummy three to four times to shake off any excess. I can always tell which boy is in the bathroom when I hear the slap. I love it!
Since Todd has been gone, I've been the one to take the boys pee at night, right before I go to bed. It's really helped cut back on the amount of peeing the bed at night lately. Very rarely are the boys awake enough when we take them that they pee right away. It takes some convincing and some waking up to get them to cooperate. The other night I took Porter to go to the bathroom.He staggered in with his eyes half open. He did the duty and then turned to walk out with him. He didn't come with me. He fell forward into the toilet. Luckily it was just his hand that got good and wet and needed some soap and water before he went back to bed. It gave me a chuckle.
Then last night he woke me up in the night crying. I asked what was wrong and he said he accidentally threw his pajama's into the toilet. I was too tired to care about it that very second so when I got up 30 minutes later to take care of it I found his PJ's and undies both soaked in the toilet. Fun times here at 3am (and I don't even have a newborn...yet)
Porter is a lot like his mom because he bites his fingernails. The way we are different is that he can also bite his toenails. I can't even attempt to get my feet that high, nor do I want to. We brush our kids teeth right before bed. One night I went to brush Porter's teeth. He was stalling big time and I was getting impatient. He finally put his fingers in his mouth and pulled out two or three fingernails he had bit off and was saving/chewing...who know what?? I brushed his teeth and as soon as I was done he put them right back in his mouth. Weirdo, huh?
The last silly thing I wanted to post about Port is his love for Popsicles. He asks for them ALL THE TIME no matter what time of day it is. Of course today was no different. I had to run something down the street so I gave him a Popsicle and told him I'd be right back. When I pulled in 5 minutes later, he was outside eating his treat along with some noodles left over from the spaghetti we had a couple nights ago.

What would we do without this kid??

No comments: