Monday, January 4, 2010

Snow Much Fun!

New Year's Day we went to the Coral Pink Sand Dunes and played in the white dunes of snow. It was so fun and I'm suprised the kids lasted as long as they did. Makes a difference when they have good clothes and shoes and can stay dry.


After playing in the snow for a few hours and eating hot soup drinking hot chocolate and snacking on goodies and bran muffins (yup! They make you regular. Julia had a couple!) we called it a day.

playing in the snow really takes it out of you...

On the way home Kory's truck lost power so we all pulled over (it was a caravan as follows: Tiff's family, My family, Jeff's Family and Randy's bringing up the rear). He thought he had it fixed for a moment so we drove a ways farther. Then he pulled off just before going down the hill into Hurricane. We hitched up the tow rope and made it all the way home safely.
hitching up the truck

ready to roll again

I'm looking forward to more fun in the cold before it thaws out. I'm thinking there's going to be an ice fishing trip soon...wanna come?

6 comments:

Tiffani said...

I am so glad that someone was bright enough to break out the camera and capture some great memories. Where is the one of Kory's crack? And yes I want in on the ice fishing trip!!

Cluffers said...

It looks fun and cold. I missed out it looks like but oh well. maybe next time.

Cluff Family said...

Awwe! Super cute pictures! I haven't been able to comment on your blog... I'm glad it's letting me now! You guys look great!

Angie said...

That first picture of Julia in the snow is the cutest picture ever! I love her cute little face! I have never been ice fishing. I may do themed birthday parties, but you do all kinds of adventurous things that I have no clue about. :) You are a great mom!

The Johnson's said...

met and i were just talking about ice fishing. That sounds fun. Our family just went snow tubing and pulling behind 4 wheelers in the bottom of a empty Enterprise lake. it was fun

Trudi said...

You guys have no idea how to have a true fun time in the snow. You have to at least get injured if you are a true tuber.jk Looks like it was lots of fun.