Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Things that are growing

Just wanted to show off a few things that are growing at our house...
Jul's is 7 months now! She's not really crawling...yet. She's really good at the stink bug thing though. Here daddy calls her "Ju Ju Bug" now that she's getting around a bit.
Todd and I both think she's the cutest baby girl ever!
My garden is blooming this year. The squash are taking over! I'm still so sad that my tomatoes didn't make it this year. I'm going to have to bum off someone else to keep me happy.
This years garden consists of crookneck, zucchini and butternut squash, tomato's (only 2 out of 10 plants are still alive), cucumbers (most of them pickling cucumbers), yellow peppers and watermelon.
It's really small compared to my other plants but that lighter green plant is my watermelon plant. I hope we get something to grow on it this year!

Have you ever seen such pokey cucumbers? I sure hope they make good pickles!
Todd and I love having these little babies in our scrambled eggs--Delicious!
I decided to make zucchini bread out of our first zucchini....now I'm giving away as much of it as I can....if you want some, let me know!
We had our first taste of yellow squash last night. mmmm was it good! Payton even liked it!
Of course the boys are growing too but they didn't make the post this time...what a bummer! (Speaking of bummer, Todd and I are growing too but not in an attractive way. The gut and the butt issues around here have got to go!)
We hope everyone is enjoying their summer as much as Julia's enjoying this melon!

10 comments:

Rach said...

I can't believe how BIG she is getting--your garden is awesome, I'm jealous. We still don't know quite what we're doing.
Cleaned Tiff's kids today--too cute Crazy wild boys! :)

Krystal Trapnell said...

Awesome garden. Awesome kids. I doubt that you are growing TOO much in the gut/butt area (too hard to believe)!

Cluffers said...

I want some zucchini we dont have much of a garden this year, Dave was taking care of everyone else this year and forgot to get his own in. Ju ju bug is getting to big and I would have to differ on the cutest girl part.

rayndrop said...

i love this post! the cute growing baby girl. the awesome growing garden. i love seeing all the growing things. (the prickly cucumber picture.)i have some anaheim chili peppers that are growing, if you want some for your scrambled eggs.
p.s. i left a comment to your comment.

Angie said...

Great job on the garden!!! Very fun post to read too. I remember you were nervous about having a girl, but don't you just love it? I can't believe she's already 7 months!

Brook & Travis said...

The first year goes by way too fast don't you think! She is so cute! I'm impressed with your garden...I need some tips. I'm really good at killing things, but have two little zucchini plants alive still! Big surprise!

Morgie said...

I can't wait to come up to see ju ju bug this week!!! you should bring payton and porter, possibly julia over so we can play!!! We made zucchini bread at my house too!!! cuz my cousins on the dennett side (bekki) she gave us a whole bag or 2 FULL of zucchini!!! We made like 4 loafes of it... Well i better get back to cleaning the office... ugh.

The Slacks said...

Oh, she is such a little cutie!!! I can't believe our girls are already 7 months. I love watching them grow. It happens to fast though!

your garden looks great. We're having the same luck with our tomatoes, the one thing I REALLY wanted to do well. There's nothing like a tomato right out of the garden. Oh well, if you find someone who is willing to share send them my way.

Ashton said...

silly Misti.. I believe I was and still am the cutest girl! :) Juls can be the second :p. She is getting way big! Last time I saw her she wasn't that big!! Gee come to St. Jeezy more! oh and writting back to your comment.. I AM WICKED! HAHA :) that's why I go meet health counselors at EFY!

KT Bundy said...

She is getting so big and is so cute! I'm jealous you have a garden and that it is doing so good! i hope to have mine next year! the bread you made the other at work was really good too!