Monday, June 8, 2009

Just Two Things Dad

Best Buds

Todd got called out on a fire today so he had a few hours after he got home from work to pack and get ready to head to Arizona for...well until the fire it out--however long that takes. Julia and I were the only ones in the garage as Todd was about to pull out for his voyage when Payton came running outside to tell his dad goodbye. Todd opened his door to give him a hug goodbye and Payton says, "Just two things I wanna' tell you, dad. One is drive safely and the other is don't catch on fire." I was grinning ear to ear and watching Todd in amazement that his smile wasn't bigger. Then Todd said, "There's just two things I wanna' tell you, Payt. One is I love you and the other is I love you." Payton climbed into the truck and gave his dad a huge hug goodbye. I just didn't want to forget that. (Payton made it more memorable when he prayed tonight for the same things.) I sure hope Todd doesn't catch on fire!

5 comments:

rayndrop said...

so this was after i saw you on your family home walk?

i sure hope he doesn't catch on fire either. his response back to payton was great. you really can't top it!

yep. we have a cherry tree. two, actually. they're little things. nothing compared to the orchard trees. i salivate over THOSE cherries.

The Johnson's said...

I think he is the cutest little boy ever. we are also hoping todd resists the urge to ignite.

Cluffers said...

hopefully Todd doesn't lie either so you cant say lair lair pants on fire! Have fun with out Todd, party like no one ever has.

Angie said...

That is the sweetest story!

KT Bundy said...

That is so sweet! I love it when little boys are so loving and sweet!