Saturday, February 7, 2009

Manic Monday Upgrade


Growing up with four other sisters was soooo fun! We all shared the same bathroom in the mornings when we were trying to get ready for school and we were the best at making up dances in the front room. You would think with five girls in the family one of us would have ended up being a dancer....but....NOPE! The closest anyone got was Cheri doing cheer in High School. I don't know if my older sisters thought it was fun or not but every once in a while (if my memory is right it was usually on Sundays) we would find one of our favorite songs and make up a dance to it--choreography and all. "Manic Monday" was one of the most memorable although to this day I don't remember the moves as much as I remember how cool I felt to be doing a dance with all my sisters in the front room TOGETHER!
It's good to know that time can't change us. Tonight we were together because Tiff's oldest boy was baptised and tonight we made up the greatest dance possible while we wrestled with babies and kids. We each got 8 counts worth of music to make up the dance and add to it. That's where the real fun is....making up the dance. We missed our oldest sister, Trudi, being there but added a few extras (three of my nieces) for more of the fun. You should have seen our kick line! We are just sooo amazing and I still don't know how our husbands got so fortunate to have the beautiful and talented dancing wives they have.
Thanks girls for a fun evening and a quick flashback in time. (that makes me think about the movie flashdance--we should rent that and get some moves from it! I'm sure we can still move our feet that fast!!)

6 comments:

Angie said...

This was so fun to read. I just wish you had posted a video for us all to watch. You and your sisters are all beautiful. I always wanted a sister! By the way, do you have the video of when we did lip syncs in old prom dresses?

*crazy 'bout volleyball* said...

You better be glad that I was not there. You would be so sore from the moves I would have made up. I do wish you would have filmed it so that I could practice it so I could be ready when I come down. Oh well you'll have to do it without me.

The Johnson's said...

i would of liked a visual.

Tav and Aims said...

you are amazing. just purely amazing.

Andrus Family said...

I remember dancing in your front room. I never was as coordinated as you though!

rayndrop said...

i love reading your blog. you have some great memories. it must have been so so so... fun having that many sisters. man, i wisj i could see that dance. maybe you'll hold a recital or something!