Saturday, February 28, 2009

Happy B-day Cheri

Today is my sister Cheri's Birthday. Here's some things that I love about Cheri...

--I remember when I was young she did my hair in ringlets...all of my hair. It took a long time and a lot of hairspray but I loved it. I wanted her to do it again the next day even though she tried to talk me out of it because I had a dentist appointment later that day. Who knows, maybe it was because of that hair do so long ago that made Dr. H think about hiring me and keeping me all these years...(logically it was the hair do because it wasn't due to Trudi or Tiffani working for him before)

--After Cheri got married and moved to Vegas I loved going to her house. One time she even let me bring Brenda (my best friend) with me and we bought Funions (remember those?) and Whatchamacallit's. I loved the children's clothing store she worked at too. I always thought it would be soooo cool to choose from all those dresses to dress my little girl in someday.

--Cheri is a very light packer....That was sarcastic. Everytime they would come to Utah Shane, her hubby, would carry bag after bag into the house. I gotta admit that she was always prepared and very organized but it must take her a long time to get the bathroom sink into those bags.

--Cheri is an AWESOME pianist. She can play anything & everything. I'm sad that I'm not as good as she is because we could have some awesome duets.

--Cheri is so fun to play sports with. She can laugh at herself & it makes it fun for everyone...especially us sister's on girl's weekend :)

--Cheri is a great mom. Who else would pack a 20 lb. boy around the house day after day even if it causes her back problems.

Cheri we love you (not just for your swimming pool) and hope you had a great 29th b-day!!
Oh, Cheri! I thought you'd like to know I met a checker at WalMart the other day who's name was also Cheri and she spelled it the same way...and she said people are always calling her Sherry...sound familiar?


7 comments:

Shannon said...

What a nice little post to your sister. I am glad to be on your blog. It's fun!

Tiffani said...

reading your blog brought back a whole flood of memories that I didn't even think about. I am going to have to re-do my post. Dang it! Thanks Mist.

*crazy 'bout volleyball* said...

nice job misti. I could add a whole slew of things things to your list, but I won't. I'm glad I'm the only one who hasn't swam in the pool nyet.

Andrus Family said...

I remember that trip!! Every time I see funyuns I think Cheri's I think we ate like a bag a day! I also remember she had her Christmas tree stick thing still up decorated for the holiday it was at the time!!! I don't think my stomach can handle eating that many in one day anymore! GOOD TIMES!!

rayndrop said...

what a great sister you are. (i think your family must be like modern day "Little Women".) and another thing...i still like a good bag of funyuns. good eats. i just really think you're a swell girl:)

KT Bundy said...

julia is getting big! I thought you would hold those two b-balls up to your self! Just kidding

Rach said...

So...how do you pronounce her name? that is how I was saying it in my head??