Monday, February 23, 2009

Story Problem

Remember those story problems in school that the teacher swore we would use later in life in "real life situations?" Well, here's one they should teach every girl in school who plans on becoming a mother someday...

There is one mother taking care of six children under the age of five on a rainy Monday. After 7 blankets are unfolded, two pillows are left in a room with no bed, 20 cars are put back into their place for the third time, 24 crayons are left on the table after a coloring session, 10 crayons are taken away from the table and had the paper peeled off them, the garage doors have been opened and closed 5 times, three movies have played, three toilets have been unflushed, one doctor kit has been scattered around the house, one load of clean laundry has been thrown on the tile floor, four boys have wrestled, one game of froggy in the middle played, a 50 piece set of play-doh left out, one recipe box dumped out (so much for being organized), and a two minute argument with a four year old over whether the toilet was really flushed earlier.... (I almost forgot the question)....how long does it take the mother to get her house back in order and her sanity back??

I think you mothers out there already know the right answer. Mother's in training may have a longer time answering that one!
Just in case you're wondering what my answer was, it just took one dad taking three kids home, one boy and one baby to go to sleep, two boys pitching in to clean up and a chance for this mother to blog about it for things to improve :)

6 comments:

Morgie said...

I started getting mixed up in the story! I have freakin surgery 2-morrow! Dang it! I cracked one of my bones and they have to put a screw in because it moved. I am like, really scared. Bailey is begging to use my cruches right now. You know how she likes cruches!

Angie said...

Six children under the age of 5 - wow! You deserve some time out by yourself to do whatever you want. Sounds like they had a lot of fun though. I am glad you blogged because I was wanting an update. :)

*crazy 'bout volleyball* said...

Who was at your house? The last time I knew, you had only 3. Sounds like you had a great day! Sorry, I don't want a day like that.Hope today is better. Thank goodness for a new day!

rayndrop said...

that's good. you should be a math teacher.

thanks for the sugar/sparkle bread. we're loving it.

gina said...

WOW!!!!! I loved that crazy story, I bet you will be glad to get some a lone time

Tiffani said...

I alway's hated math. No wonder!That sounds like a HUGE problem. Kind reminds of the math problem "If you were paddling up stream at 2mph and the current was running at 5 mph how long would it take you to get from point A to point B. It probably felt like that too huh. Glad that I didn't have ANYTHING to do with that!