Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Update

Our 11foot tree. We've never been able to have one this big before. It got it's own room because there really wasn't another good place for it.

So I missed Christmas, New Years, and Julia's blessing blogs...well the blessing day got posted in pictures. I didn't take many Christmas Day pictures this year. I did take a couple of Julia with her cousin Riley at g-ma Julie's. They're only 4months apart and I hope they'll be good friends.

Julia and Riley Calico
--there really is a size difference here--

Julia ready to go to Grandma's Christmas Day
We did video the boys Christmas morning but that's about all I've got. Here are a couple "day after" pictures with the kids playing with their new toys. Dr. Payton checking out Julia with the new Doctor kit from g-ma Julie

New years was spent at G-ma & G-pa Turek's playing games and eating AWESOME food! Loved the wingers wings/sticky fingers..mmmm. Porter and Julia sharing a moment...
and then not wanting to share the moment with KhloeePorter fell asleep on the couch around 10:45 so we decided to call it a night.Todd had to be up early the next morning anyway. Payton loved playing with his cousins/aunt/uncles in the Bunco game. I called my parents on our way home seeing it was just after 11:00 our time I knew it was after midnight there. To my surprise they were awake and watching a movie. Go figure! A mission does change you!

New Year Day was spent trying to get things ready for Julia's big day that Sunday. Todd did take Payton hunting with him so it was just Porter, Julia and me! We even had lunch at McDonald's. It was nice to have a day with children without the fighting and screaming.

Julia's blessing day was wonderful! Todd did a great job on the blessing and it was fun to have all my family there (except Rick and his family & of course my parents) and Todd's grandparents from Santa Clara, his parents and his brothers and sister. We had lunch in our garage--not the most extravagant but definitely doable--I loved having them all at my house. I laughed because after we were cleaning up when everyone left Todd kept making comments about there being sparkles all over the place. He thought it was from the Christmas tree of something but I reminded him there had been a bunch of teenage girls here that day. I told him it was just a sign of things to come with having a girl. He told me his girl would never wear sparkles! I'll remind him every time she does.
It had been a great past few weeks but I'm glad we're back to everyday life again. Now I've got to get my rump in gear for the 5k my sisters and I are going to be running this year. (Go Fit 5!) Guess it's good it's a new year and that means new goals.

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

Tell Todd there could be worse things than sparkles laying around the house, like "cheese sticks"!(if you know what I mean)

Trudi said...

As Tiff said there could be worse things around.... Tampons, Pads, I won't continue. Tell him never to say never. It will come back to bite him. We were glad to spend some time with you. I do have to say you impressed me with your volleyball skills.

rayndrop said...

I know I already told you, but Sunday was a really nice testimony meeting. Julia looks beautiful in the pictures. And Todd better get ready for sparkles because they come WAY before the teenage years.