Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
1. Link your tagger(Linzi) and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I love having clean dishes--by that I mean I hate dishes in my kitchen sink. As soon as any meal is over I like getting the dishes washed and put in the dish washer. Just makes it easier than scrubbing the food off them later. I think this habit actually formed when we were living in the basement in Washington. If I didn't have the dishes done when I was doing laundry, the sink would fill up with the water draining from the washing machine. I didn't like the thought of eating off of dishes (even though they were clean) that might have dirt from my clothes on them. :)
2. I am such a plain girl. I don't like change much. Ask Kandice--I hardly change the color or style of my hair very often...and when I do it takes some time for me to like it. The only change I adjust well to is having the change ($) in my pocket!
3. I can't make decisions. I have a "white" personality and I'm a much better follower than I am a leader. The bad thing about this is that Todd is the same way so most of our decisions aren't made until the last minute. I think my sisters are a lot alike me in that way too. When we all get together no one really takes charge and says, "This is what we're going to do".
4. I was not thrilled about having a baby girl. I have of course changed my mind now but when we first found out she was a girl I wasn't that excited. I hope she forgives me later--especially since I totally love having her now!! (I love you Julia!)
5. I love baking (sweets/cookies/candies/breads). I don't like making dinner but I like making things to snack on. Funny thing with cooking is I have to have all the dishes done before I start (see fact #1) and then I bake things. That just means I have dishes to do after I'm done but It's harder to start my thrill of baking if there are dirty dishes that need to be done first.
6. I am an Internet junky! I can't seem to go one day without getting online--to check blogs, email, pay bills, check bank balances etc. I don't know what I'll do when there's not power or Internet for me.
7. Since we moved and we decided to do without cable I have become a reader. Thank goodness my MIL provides me with great books or titles to read. She's always got something good for me to read. I'm in the middle of the third book of the Sarah Agnes Prine saga. (Gotta admit the first one is still my favorite--never can resist a good love story!)
now I guess I need to tag seven awesome people I want to hear some good dirt on (or be reminded of) so I tag Kandice, Tiffani, Cheri, Trudi, Tav 'n Amie, Tara 'n Riley & Rachel (I would have tagged you Brenda, Angie, Ruth & Linzi but you had already been tagged--and Rayn & Sierra why not consider yourself tagged although I'd be breaking the rules because that would be #8 & 9...but you're worth breaking the rules for!)
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Here's a picture of Julia and a reason why I'm not too fond of the HUGE bows and flowers little girls have put on their heads. Makes it harder to see when they slip off :)
Now you don't!!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Julia with Daddy...having a rest
She's a good baby, but she is a baby and has her moments too.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
Instead of writing a novel about Thanksgiving this year I'll just give a few "highlights" if that's what you would call them
1. Had to talk Todd into going to Layton -- where my brother lives-- for thanksgiving this year.
2. Payton had to ride with Luke instead of with his boring family
3. Had to stop in Cedar (yes, Cedar which is soooo far away from La Verkin) for a potty stop that ended in changing a pair of Payton's clothes.
4. Had to make another potty stop for my boys to pee on the side of the road.
5. Got buckled back into our seats to find out Payton needed to do more than pee. Because he didn't want to poo on the side of the road he said he would hold it.
6. Made it to Payson to eat dinner at Wendy's and use the restroom. Payton was the first one in the bathroom and the last one out because of another accident. Todd got to help him clean up while I waited outside the mens room listening to comments from other bathroom patrons. My favorite was a father & his son. When they came out the boy had a scrunched up face and was telling his dad how discusting it was in there. Wish it wasn't my son, but I have to take the blame for the accident. Payton's new pants are not kid friendly and hard to button and unbutton.
7. While Todd was cleaning up Payton in the men's room I took Julia to the ladies room because she had a blow out.
8. Finally made it to Layton to find Porter had peed his pants too.
9. Rick had a friend who was going to be out of town for the weekend and offered her house for his family to use. No one was going to use it but because of my hubby's great attitude we ended up using it for our family. The kids and I were both thrilled when we had to leave the party at 11pm to go to a strangers house for the night. (that was VERY sarcastic)
10. All the big boys went and played football with a crew from Rick's ward at the park...everyone's husband but mine went although I had told him to bring clothes so he could play. He went for a walk with Porter instead.
11. Had a fabulous Thanksgiving Dinner--Thanks Katherine! (That was NOT sarcastic at all)
12. Digested our food, played ping pong and made our shopping lists for BLACK FRIDAY's extravaganza.
13. Woke up to Kandice's call (at my request) at 4 am to let me know they were headed to Wal Mart. She volunteered to get my items for me...I took the offer. I definitly got more sleep than my sisters even though I'm nursing Julia. I knew babies didn't like their moms to have a lot of chocolate but I didn't realize that Pepsi applied the same way. Lesson learned.
14. Played more ping pong, cleaned up breakfast, hung around waiting for my sisters to wake up and tell their stories about the shopping trip. This is the first year that I know of that Rick didn't go.
15. Hung out with family while the husbands took a trip out to Antelope Island. They dind't want to take any of their children. How does that work?
16. Traveled to Salt Lake to get on the "train" to see the lights at Temple Square. This tested our marriage because the tram was so crowded with people and Todd didn't think it was a good idea to go--he's a fan of large crowds if you didn't know.
17. Looked at the lights and managed to get a swell picture at Temple Square. It looks better than everyone in the group was actually feeling.
18. Ate at Chuck-a-Rama where the boys loved their french fries and fry sauce.
19. Went to bed Friday night looking forward to the ride home the next day.
20. Stopped at Cabella's on the way home to see all the neat animals and fish. It only took us about 7-8 hours to get home with all the stops we had to make...but the important thing was that we made it and Todd and I are still happily married.
Thanks, Rick, for letting us invade your family life so we could make some memories. Just finding "Joy in the Journey" was a bit tough for this trip but it was sure a journey.