Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Cards '08

Dear Friends and Family,
Seeing that we live in the day of age that we do, why waste our money on stamps and cards and pictures when you're just going to be throwing them away. I'm actually saving you all time and money by sending our Christmas card this year in email form. OK I'm actually saving US time and money by sending our cards this way. Anyway...

Todd and I had a fantastic year. We love having our own home--even though the bank really owns it--and we love our little family.

Todd's still working for the BLM doing their GIS (Geographic Information Systems) work. On the side he's boiling skulls (taxidermy stuff) in our garage and back yard. Yes, the neighbor boys think it's awesome and the neighbor girls think it's disgusting. I don't care because it brings in a little extra income. He's serving as an assistant Ward Clerk over the memberships of our ward as well as serving as a primary teacher with me.

I've been switching one day a week with Tiffani so we can work at Dr. Heideman's office one day a week. It's nice to have a break from laundry and cleaning and spend a day at the office with adults. The rest of the time is spent blogging and checking emails. I love the internet! I get to tag team teach with Todd all the CTR 7 boys and girls. I don't think they learn a thing in our class but we have some great coloring sessions!

Payton turned FIVE this year and had his kindergarten shots this month. He's all ready for Kindergarten and can't wait to go next year. In the mean time he enjoys riding his garage sale bike ($10!! What a steal!) playing with the neighborhood kids, kissing his baby sister, and antagonizing his little brother.

Porter is three now and has the cutest little voice. He's excited to be a sunbeam this coming year even though I know he's going to miss all the fun nursery brings. No more snacks or toys??! He loves his baby sister and Todd and I are constantly telling him to get out of her face because he literally smothers her with kisses.

Julia came to our family just six short weeks ago and we are enjoying everything about her...minus the nighttime scene. It's fun to rock and hold a new baby and as I mentioned earlier, her brothers LOVE HER!!

We hope you are all enjoying your Christmas season and know that we love and care about you all. Thanks for all the Christmas cards and letters and for keeping in touch with us (way out here in L.A. -- Verkin) We wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

Love: Todd, Misti, Payton, Porter & Julia Calico

This picture isn't the greatest but it's the only one we've had taken besides the hospital...enjoy and laugh it up while you can!

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

You are oh so thrifty in doing a bogger Christmas card. Now why didn't I think of that?

Angie said...

Misti, I think you might be on to something with the email/blog Christmas card. You look so good for just having a baby 6 weeks ago! In fact, you don't even look like you had a baby at all. You sure have a cute family. Merry Christmas!

*crazy 'bout volleyball* said...

Misti,
way to save some money. I think you are the official tight wad. When I read about bikes, would you like Jase's bike. He got one for Christmas and I was going to take it to DI. It is a 12" blue bike. If you want, we will bring it with us. Merry Christmas