Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Julia Award

Having a baby is a lot like winning one of those awards on TV like the Tony, Oscar, or Emmy. There are a lot of people to thank when it's all said and done. So for today's blog I'd like to thank everyone who had any part of helping when Julia was in the oven as well as her big debut.

First to my hubby, Todd. (Wipe your eyes dear...or at least fake it). He's been awesome throughout the pregnancy putting up with my "My back hurts" or "I don't feel very good" and of course listening to me snore every night and chew my tums in the middle of the night. He's such a good dad and I didn't worry a bit about the boys when I spent the night in the hospital. And of course I wasn't suprised but didn't expect the house to be so clean when we came home with our family of five yesterday.

Next, I have to thank my family starting with Todd's family. Thanks for answering the phone at 2 am and being willing to keep the boys while we were at the hospital. Thanks for the love and support, meals, flowers, and kind words about our baby being the most beautiful newborn ever (of course I knew that but didn't expect anyone else to see it). Thanks for being mom and dad while my parents are so far away and couldn't be here.
That brings me to my own mom and dad. Thanks for the phone calls, beautiful plant, letting us live in your home while we built our own, and of course the love, support and prayers from Nauvoo. We miss you but know we are blessed while you're there.
Thanks to our brothers and sisters who were able to call or come by the hospital or our home to visit. It meant a lot to us that you cared. We love you guys! Thanks for the treats, the gifts, keeping the boys ALL THE TIME (Tiff) and the praise for having such a cute, healthy, chubby cheeked baby.

And to the rest of you...THANK YOU for the emails, phone calls, laughs and past memories that help keep us in touch.
Todd and I are both so thankful to everyone,
especially our Heavenly Father for such a
healthy baby.
Now the real fun of raising her begins!

5 comments:

Tryin' to keep up said...

How sweet. Too bad I don't live close enough to be named personally, but I'm the one to provide future pregnancy photos in swimming suits, so I know it was implied. :) Congratulations again! Have those boys ready, Kelsie is ready to come pick them up so we can play.

Rach said...

Oh she's sooo cute! You fed her well in there!

Morgie said...

I can't wait until you guys can come down here again. I want to see the baby in REAL life. You get to take care of the baby while I go to school, do chores, and do homework. I wish Dalton was that little again! I didn't think I would hear from you for a long time since you had the baby. Well, your making my uncle do all the work for a while so you can take a break from an 8 pounder for a while; and go blog!

Ashton said...

I want to come see her!!!! She is sooo pretty!

Cluffers said...

It was so fun to see her in the hospital, oh and you to. Thanks for letting Emmie eat all of your ice and sit in bed with you while I got to hold this sweet little girl.