Friday, November 21, 2008

Discipline During Lunch Time

Having a three year old is sure a lot of fun...and work. Today we were enjoying our bowls of Mac-n-cheese for lunch but the boys wouldn't stop kicking the cabinets under the bar. I had just mopped the floors and wiped off that area of the bar because of the shoe prints they leave when they sit at the bar. After repeatedly telling them to stop Payton started telling Porter to kick that bar while he just sat and watched what happened. I'd give Porter "the eye" and he'd say, "Payton told me to". The next time he did it I said, "Do I need to flip your head?" and he said back, "Do I need to flip your head?" Then I said, "Excuse me?" in that you can't talk to your mother that way tone and Porter had the guts or the stupidity to say, "Excuse me?" in the same tone back to me. Of course that's when I flipped his head and he just looked at me and tried to reach me so he could flip my head. That's when Payton started laughing which made all three of us smile and ruined my whole teaching of discipline moment. Dang three year old boy..and his giggling brother!

5 comments:

Morgie said...

HA ha ha. I laughed at that.

Angie said...

I love the new pictures of Julia on your blog header. Discipline is an ongoing struggle at our house as well. I'm just impressed that you're mopping the floor and blogging. That's more than I was doing when Lizzie was first born.

Tiffani said...

Say it to yourself, "find joy in the journey", say it over and over again . . . all the way to your room for some quiet time!

*crazy 'bout volleyball* said...

Bag what Tiff is saying. Take him out and spank him. j/k When you figure out the correct way to get kids to mind, let me know.

Treg Wiler, Sr. said...

You can't copy my background, LOL... j/k you can :)

T