Friday, August 22, 2008

Moving Day

So Yesterday was moving day. Whew!! Thanks to all you helped. Blair and Tav helped Todd clean out the half acre which had our couches, chairs, kitchen table, tv, and beds. Then Thursday my family helped muck out g-ma and g-pa's house and rid it of all the Calico crap. I had no idea that we had so much stuff...most of it just sitting around with nothing to do but sit there. We spent our first night at the new house last night and it was pretty fun. The boys did pretty good...for the most part. When they came in our beds in the middle of the night there wasn't enough room on the old queen size bed like we used to have on g-pa's king size bed to Todd took them back to their beds when they had fallen asleep. My favorite thing about our new house is our shower. We each have our own shower heads and we each had our own preferred temperature. It was awesome! Thanks to Dave, Jeff and Randy and Stef's family for all the muscles they provided with their helping hands. We couldn't have done it without you. I'll post pictures when I find where the camera is hiding. Still so many boxes to unpack as well as the boxes that still need to be packed with stuff back at the old house. Thanks mom and dad for letting us live there. Payton asked this morning if we have two houses. I think we're down to about one and half now.

5 comments:

Tryin' to keep up said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tryin' to keep up said...

Congratulations on finally finishing the new house and getting moved over. Bet you'll be glad to not have to deal with our company when we visit, and your kids can keep their own bed when we're in town. I'm anxious to see you all settled in. Calls for a little road trip!

Cluffers said...

Yeah! I love moving day! Lets have a house warming party and break in the house well. I would love your shower to. Have fun unpacking!

Angie said...

I am so excited for you to be in your own house! I know you've waited a long time. Moving is such hard work though and I don't envy you on that part. Post some pictures when you get settled.

Morgie said...

Congratulations!!! I'm definately in for a surprise when I come up to visit you! Can't wait to see your house! Good luck unpacking!