Thursday, August 28, 2008

Getting Settled








Well, it's been a whole week since our first night at our new house and I am loving it! The hardest thing is to let the kids be kids and not be so panicked when I hear noises that I think the kids are doing something to the walls or floor or anything that might cost money. I'm definitely not as laxed in my parenting as what food's allowed where and where the toys should end up as when we were at my parents (sorry mom). It's great to have the kids in their own beds again--less fighting at night that so-and-so touched them--not that my sisters and I ever did stuff like that! I was always waiting for one of them to yell, "Mom, Porter's out of bed!!" I haven't gotten all the boxes emptied but I think I'm only down to three left. Stuff that I just don't know where to put it. And of course there are pictures to be hung on the walls. It probably wouldn't suprise you to know the only thing hung on the wall is Todd's buck. I had to take a picture for some reason. Someday we'll get to the landscaping but for now I'm a happy girl.

2 comments:

Rach said...

Oh, it's so cute. I love it. I can't wait to see the whole thing. When's the partae??

Cade+Sierra+Averlin said...

Misti!
your house is so cute! I love it! I also love the beautiful microwave.. Its everything I dreamed it would look like!
ps. I am expecting cookies from that thing! ha ha