Tuesday, May 22, 2012

While You Were Sleeping... I mean Working

You remember the movie? I've always liked it but it doesn't have much to do with my post...except for the fact that a lot has happened while Todd's been gone working. Here's the jest of it;

We bought a van. Todd got to test drive it before he left so he knew we were getting it, but I had to deal with getting the $ from the bank, paying the couple we bought it from, and registering at the DMV with THREE kids! Needless to say, I am LOVING the van. It's the nicest vehicle we've ever purchased (and most expensive--but worth it...so far). I hope the kids will help in keeping it looking nice. So far, so good. Check that off the list of things to do before we can go on a family vacation in California.
 

Payton had his last baseball game. He's had a good season and their team did pretty well. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to the minor leagues next year. Machine pitch is nice because all the pitches are generally in the right area...most of the time. He had a good coach and enjoyed the season. That's what matters, right?
 
Jess took her first steps. I still have yet to catch it on film but I do have a couple pictures of her standing by herself. Her first steps happened while I was talking on the phone to Kandice. She was hanging on to my legs and took two steps to get to the wall. Shocked me! She's really not that steady, but apparently she's steady enough.
I took the kids to church TWICE by myself. This is huge. I could have easily stayed home but what would that have proven to the kids (and to myself and the Lord). Luckily Todd will be home this weekend so I don't have to go-it-alone. I'm not sure how those military wives do it for so long. {no picture to show you but just imagine what I might have looked like}


Porter graduated from Kindergarten. It was a tricky transition to move in the middle of the school year but we all survived. Porter went from an all day kindergarten in La Verkin to afternoon kindergarten at Horizon Elementary. I'm so glad we got Mrs. Key because she was so easy to work with and Porter loved her as a teacher. He even got a little embarrassed when I read the comment on his report card that said, "Porter is so cute." He's so excited to be big enough for 1st grade!
 
I sold our car. When we first bought the van I was sad about selling the car because I loved it so much. The gas mileage was great, parking wasn't a problem, and after we fixed the transmission it was a great little cruiser. The more I drive the van, though, the more I was ok with saying goodbye. The best part is that I was able to sell it for $500 more than I expected. $4500.00 later I watched it pull out of the drive way for the last time.


We had a visitor. It's weird how this one happened, and it's really not that big of a deal, but I had a cute picture to post with this one. We were on our way to put our 'car money' in the bank when I saw a car that looked like Todd's G-pa Roy. It turned around behind us and followed us to the main road and then turned back around up the street. I decided I better turn around too, just in case it really was G-pa Roy and he was looking for us. It's a good thing I did because it was him. He's never been to our house and he was lost. He was just bringing me a history of his Grandfather that I had asked about a few weeks ago. He's such a good guy! I had to help lead him out because he was a little turned around but it was fun to have him visit for a minute.


Busy week and a half...kinda...not really...but I tried to make it sound like I did A TON of things without the man of the house around. We'll be so happy to have our dad home again! 

No comments: