Friday, May 18, 2012

Sucking all the fun - Birthday Week

This last week has been a good, crazy, fun week. I celebrated another birthday on the 9th and I feel like I got spoiled for more than just that day. My sisters, Tiffani and Kandice, took me out to lunch at the water park on main street. Of course we had to go to a kid friendly place because we all had to bring a couple along. It was a delicious salad from wingers and the kids got pizza. After playing for a while it was time to get home because I had two boys coming home from school. The boys beat me home and were a little upset that I wasn't home when they got there. They were even more upset that we had gone and done something FUN without them!
That night Todd took us all to dinner which was perfect! I get tired of cooking and then cleaning it all up everyday. After the kids were in bed Todd and I watched "The Vow" ...well at least I watched it. Todd struggled staying awake but it was a good birthday!
The next day I had kept Kandice's kids for the morning while she was working. I met her over at my mom's that afternoon with the kids and hung out until it was time for the boys to be home from school again. Well, no surprise when I came home and the boys were already there...again. They let me know that it was two days in a row now that they were home before me. I tried to use, "I had to take care of Kandice's kids" as an excuse but I could tell I was not making it on the 'perfect mom' list.
Friday was Tiff's birthday so I got to go to Hurricane for her birthday lunch. It was fun to see girls that I used to see when I lived over there. Of course I wanted to stay and visit longer but the kids got out early on Friday and I knew I was going to be late...again. When I walked in the door Porter turned on the water works and said, "This is THREE days in a row that you've left us!!" Then Payton piped in, "You are always leaving us and going and having fun while we're in school!!" I should have been more sympathetic but I wasn't.
Later that afternoon Todd and I went and test drove a van and Tiff offered to take the kids to my mom's for a bit. We LOVED the van...and have since made the purchase (post to come) but rushed back to my mom's to get the kids and take them to G-ma Julie's so Todd and I could go out on a date--alone--with each other--ahhh! (see how spoiled I've been). While Tiff had my kids in the car they vented to her about their mom always being gone. Payton said, "My mom is just sucking all the fun out of everything" (or something like that). Tiff tried to defend me by saying it was my B-day week and I should get spoiled but I don't think Payton took that as an excuse.
I loved sucking all the fun out of the week. Makes getting older not so bad!

No comments: