Tuesday, March 15, 2011

It's a baby....

We had our first "real" ultrasound today so we could put my mind at ease that, NO! We are NOT having twins...regardless of how large I feel, AND to see if we were having a girl or boy. Porter was the only one who really wanted a boy. The rest of us thought it would be a girl. I said girl just so I knew we could really look at being done. If it's a boy I will have to try to talk Todd {and myself} into having another one because Julia needs a sister! I LOVE my sisters and can't imagine my little girl not getting to grow up with one.
Well, the results were slightly inconclusive. The darn kid kept it's foot right where we needed a good peek. Hmm.. Modesty? Must come from Todd's side of the family?
Payton was cute when he was telling g-ma Turek that "the Dr. couldn't see very well because the baby's foot was covering it's face." I tried to help him understand what part of the baby the doctor was really looking for by asking, "How can we tell that boys and girls are different?" He said, "Their eyelashes. Girls are really long and boys are short." I wish that was always the case. Try again. G-ma Turek says, "What does Julia have different on her body that you have?" AHA! That did it! I'm so good at teaching my children sex education.
Well, we will have to wait until next month to make a final determination of the sex of this baby. As of right now, chances are looking at it being a boy--however, there wasn't a clear enough shot of the area needed to make it totally affirmative!
Here's some pictures from today. Todd said he thinks it's a boy because, "it looks like a boy in the pictures." Julia kept saying, "It's a monster." I'm kinda with Jul's on that one. Girl, Boy, or Monster? Doesn't matter at this point but we have a healthy one!!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Wow! You are good at keeping a secret! Congrats!!! That is great news! I can't wait to find out is it's a girl or boy. Have you been feeling good? I hope so!

Ben and Anna said...

congrats! that is so exciting for you guys!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Woo hoo! Congrats!

Ashton & Nikell Dodge said...

woooooooooah i didn't know you were pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!! am i slow or did you not tell anyone???!?!