Sunday, July 25, 2010

July 24th Celebration

Catching Night Crawlers w/ Kory
Julia after her race
Payton shooting a bow at one of the booths

Porter racing!

We spent the 24th up in Hatch or if you ask my kids, "The Hatch House". It was fun to spend Pioneer Day in a small community. We went up Friday and spent the night there with Tiff's family. They loved catching night crawlers so we could fish with them the next day. Next time we will make sure there are more flash lights for everyone. The next morning we got up, had a great breakfast and caught the parade! Then there were races and games to be played at the park. My kids loved playing the games and winning prizes. After the parade and park we went fishing at Tropic Reservoir. We caught lots of fish but nothing worth bragging about. If you ask Todd, I went along so I could read. I had to finish the second book of the Hunger Games, Catching Fire {those of you who have read them understand}. We fished until we got rained/poured out of the place.
Tanner, Luke and Payton--oh, and that little fish
After fishing, we came home, cleaned up the house and hit the road for home. It was a quick trip but I think everyone had fun.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Julia looks so cute in her summer dress. Your kids are all getting so big!

*crazy 'bout volleyball* said...

Looks like you had a little more fun than I did for the 24th. Julia does look cute in her dress, where on earth did she get it? Tell Payton that he needs to wear a shirt. It's kind of gross. Wish I lived closer to the Hatch house so I could do fun stuff like that.