Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Family Fun in Pheonix








The past week the kids and I spent time with our dad down in Pheonix, Arizona. Todd had to work at the BLM down there for a couple weeks and invited us to spend some time with him. I think we are considering this our family vacation this year even though Todd did not get much of a vacation. It was a paid vacation. Todd worked, we played. What more could I ask for?
We really didn't do too much. Ate, swam, slept, watched TV, ate some more, swam some more....Eat, drink, swim and be merry, right? It was nice for Todd even though he was working 12 hour days. At least there was something to come home to. The drive wasn't as bad as I was expecting, thanks to Kandice lending her portable DVD screens. It took us about 6 1/2 hours to get there but we made it and were so excited to be out of the car. The hotel rooms were great. Todd and I {and Julia} slept on the king size bed in one room and the boys slept on the pull out bed in the other room. There was a kitchen with a full size fridge/freezer, a microwave, a sink w/a garbage disposal, a dishwasher and a mini stove. The room was fully stocked with dishes, silverware, pots, pans...every thing we needed to have a home away from home.
We got there late but went and had dinner together at Bajio and then called it a night. The next day we enjoyed a hot breakfast (compliments of the hotel) and then got our suits on to swim. We were in the pool by 9:30 am. We stayed for a couple hours and then decided it was time to fill our tummies. That's how things went the whole week. Breakfast {yes, at the hotel. Hot breakfast EVERY morning!}. Then, wait for Jul's to fill her diaper and then off to the pool. Came home to have lunch, had naps and then off the pool again. Came home again and waited for our dad to get off work so we could all go to dinner.
It was a total vacation for me because I didn't have to cook or clean the whole time. I'm seriously considering hiring a maid. Todd won't be home until Saturday so I'm still asking myself why we came home. The neighbors did an awesome job of keeping our garden growing and the kids were content to stay in the hotel room and watch TV or ride the elevators. It was a nice break from the norm. It's true what they say. Some good things just don't last.

10 comments:

Angie said...

Oh wow! I am so jealous! That is my idea of a perfect vacation... Phoenix, swimming, and the sun! I love it there. What a fun time for you and your kids!

Krystal Trapnell said...

Fun! We went to PHX in April and loved every minute. Great time!

The Slacks said...

No cooking or cleaning? That's my kind of vacation! Looks like a lot of fun, love the hair do! Makes me want to re-think the no vacation thing this summer!

Tiffani said...

I like the "pool hunnies" page. Porter with his life jacket and his goggles on, if that aint a pool hunnie, I don't know what is!

Morgie said...

love it! looks like you got a tan!

KT Bundy said...

Good for you guys! looks like you guys had a blast!

The Johnson's said...

sounds super fun!

rayndrop said...

the pictures are so fun. i love the riding the elevators activity!

your little girl is so darn cute! i got to see her in nursery for a while. (she sure liked kasey.)

i didn't mean to be cryptic...yes, that was gene's mom's house. it is hard to sell because of all the memories.

Cook Family said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love your little scrap pages those are really cute too. wish we had a vacation planned!

The Matt Scow Family said...

How fun! We went and stayed a weekend with Matt at the Hacienda a while back...like October I think... (that's where he stays when he works in Willow Beach) We toured the Hoover Dam and took care of the kids Christmas at Toys R' Us. It was fun. The couple that was with us even watched the kids so that Matt and I could have a date night. We went to Fremont Sreet. It was fun... anywho... like you were looking for a novel as a comment! =)