Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Last Day of School

Payton and Mrs. HoldawayThe blessed year of Kindergarten is over today as of 11:45 am. Payton has had a terrific year and his teacher did her job because Payton loves school! We attended his Kindergarten graduation yesterday where the kids sang songs letting us know if they learned nothing else they learned to sing...and did I mention he loves school. Last week I went with our neighbor {Jen} who also has a Kindergartener and we ate lunch with our kids in the lunch room...just so they would know what it was like. Then we showed them the playgrounds they would play on and all the fun things they get to do next year as 1st graders. Porter's ready to go to school too because of the taco and chocolate milk we had. It's so fun to see Payton growing up and he's so excited about changes. He doesn't get that from his mom. I hate change...unless it's the kind in my pocket.Congrats, Payton! You made it through your first year of school...and so did your mom! I gotta admit that I got a little emotional when their graduation was about over and the principal said, "I give you the graduating kindergarten class of 2010!!" Silly, I know, but my emotions got the best of me when my eyes teared up a bit thinking he's getting so "old".I knew he had grown but this shows how much

7 comments:

Rach said...

He grew a little bit this year eh!? That's craziness...

Pics of Julia at 18 months are darling too--

You're babies are getting big, get on the ball!

Chris and Kathy Hurst said...

Holy Cow!! That picture sure shows how much he has grown! Enjoy these times- before you know it, they will be graduating from high school!

Kory Wright said...

That is a photoshoped picture. I am sure he has not grown that much in just a measly 9 months:) He looks like a first grader to me!

The Johnson's said...

Your boys are so cute, They always make me smile. Ist grade is so much better than kindergarden. You both are going to love it. And then he will graduate. That is how fast I feel like kids grow. It is crazy!

Angie said...

He has grown so much! What a handsome boy! Bekah's last day isn't until July 2nd. Year round school is weird that way. Hope all is going great for you!

Brook & Travis said...

So cute! Halle is really looking forward to Kindergarten starting in August! Your kids are so cute and I love your new family pics!

Morgie said...

it doesnt seem very long ago that i was on the couch at your house paytons 1st day, then it is already summer! its crazy i tell you!