Thursday, July 3, 2008

House full of Russians

Today the boys and I went swimming at g-ma Julies. When we returned there was a strange car parked in the driveway and the garage door was open. I was very curious to find out who was in my house...as was Payton. When he walked through the door he yelled, "Hello?" and a very nice man's voice yelled back, "Hello!" I was still unloading things from the car so I asked him from the garage who it was. He said, "I think it's Aunt Ada's husband." Well, my 95 year old Aunt Ada's husband has been dead since I was born so that gave us all a good laugh. It was a family from Washington State that had come this way to visit my aunt. Because of the road work on my aunts street they weren't able to chat at her house so they came to ours. The man was from the Nordell side of the family so I didn't know them at all. He had married a Russian woman and they had one little girl Porter's age named Anastasia. The woman's mother was also with them but spoke no English. Anastasia spoke English before her two week trip to Russia and now she speaks Russian. Payton and Anastasia got along great and when I would check on them down stairs Payton said, "Mom! She can speak Spanish!" I got a good chuckle. The two of them played great regardless of the language barrier. As far as they were concerned there was no barrier. The mother who spoke no English gave me a chocolate bar from Russia which tasted pretty good! After they left Payton told me that he kissed Anastasia "right on the lips!" When I said we don't kiss girls he said, "Well, we do if they're beautiful." I guess that's the criteria. Payton got his first kiss from a Russian girl, because she was beautiful.

4 comments:

Angie said...

That is so funny that Payton kissed her! I would have freaked out if people were in my house when I got home. You seem to be able handle every situation with humor and that's awesome!

Congrats on having a girl!!!

Tiffani said...

I am not sure who Payton get's his forwardness with the ladies from. I don't think it is from his dad so we know where to point the finger at!

Tiffani said...

The Russians have overstayed their welcome!

Morgie said...

I would've called the police maybe. Didn't know you were having a girl. Atleast Payton and porter will have a little sister to keep them in line!!! HaHaHa!!!

Morgan