Sunday, September 19, 2010

Porter Turned FIVE!

Porter's b-day invites for the family party
We celebrated Porter's fifth birthday on Friday. He got two parties this year. One with friends {a first for Porter} and one with his family. I decided to hurry and get the pictures on a scrap page before I got lazy so I think the pictures tell how his day went. We're so happy to have Porter part of our family! Here's FIVE of my favorite things about Porter:
1. He's so loving and sweet to his little sister; in the mornings he will say, "Good morning, Sweetheart" in a high pitched voice that I just smile at.
2. He's my social boy; it's all about the friends to him. He looks forward to getting up each morning so he can go play with friends! {one quick story. One night it was time to come in. I yelled for Porter up the street and he didn't come--even though I knew he had heard me. I finally walked up the street to get him and told him he was grounded for the rest of the night from friends because he didn't listen to me. He cried and cried begging me not to ground him. Little did he know he couldn't have gone out to play anyway.}
3. He loves to "dress up". It's not in girly things of course but he loves dressing up as a cowboy or a  superhero.
4. He will do anything that his best friend (or cousin) is doing. This might mean he can't decide on his own or just that he loves those other people so much he wants to be like them. Whatever they're wearing that day, eating, drinking....he has to ask what they're having first and then he'll decide {usually the same thing}.
5. He talks big about his dad's boy but deep down he's a momma's boy. He always talks about hunting and fishing with his dad but when it's time to go he'd rather stay with mom {most of the time dad likes that because he gets to tired or cold when they're out together}. Of course he may only be staying to play with friends but I'm going to take it that he'd rather be with me!

4 comments:

The Johnson's said...

I am jealous of the super hero theme. If I have to (and I will) do one more princess tea party I will scream. Porter is looking so old and cute.

KT Bundy said...

I love it! He's getting so big! I love all the super heros!

rayndrop said...

here he comes to save the day!!!

that party is such a great idea. i'm going to have to remember it for asher.

i particularly like that he enjoys dressing up. boy after my own heart.

Morgie said...

oh i think i recognize that number 4 about Porter!!! hahaha... sounds just like when i babysit!!!