Tuesday, September 14, 2010

No Time Like the Present

I keep thinking I will post about things...and then I never do. It's just so much easier to read about other people than it is to write about my own family. So here's what's happened lately...
Payton crashed on his bike: It was his mom's fault because she had tightened the front tire with her fingers thinking it would do the trick. NOPE! He went for a bike ride with the neigbors and did a "pop-a-wheelie" and his front tire came off. Where did Payton land? On his face, of course. He got a little bruised and his mom learned to use a tool other than her hands to fix things like that.


Payton loses a front tooth: It had been loose before the bike incident but I'm sure the face plant helped to loosen things up a bit more. His dad pulled it out Monday morning before school. Of course he was so excited about it he had to take it to school to show it off. The tooth fairy didn't show up that night because the tooth had been left in Payton's desk at school. Funny thing is his permanent tooth is already growing in and the other front tooth is barely loose. He'll look great for fall pictures.
Kelsie, Payton and Porter-ready to ride!
Turek Family Reunion: This was held over Labor Day Weekend. It got Tiff and I out of doing the Peach Days Volleyball Tourny this year. It was fun to be in the mountains and even more fun to let the kids wander and play together. They're favorites this year; 4-wheelers and the Mammoth Caves.

I have mixed emotions about the caves because we had an "incident" this year that makes me "Mother of the Year" in my book. (that was me trying to be facetious) Porter got left at the caves--on accident. I knew everyone was out of the caves and we even did a head count so I knew my kids were ready to go back to camp. When it was dinner time, we couldn't find Porter. No one had played with him. No one had seen him recently. The only place left to look was the caves. Luckily we were only a couple minutes away from the caves and a VERY nice and PATIENT family had found him and were waiting when Tiff and I flew up on the 4 wheeler. It was an emotional reunion and one that I won't forget. I kept a little better tabs on him the rest of the weekend.
Julia's finger got smashed in a big heavy door but it's turning into a tradition for her to have a hurt finger at the reunion. She sure looked like a beauty though when Aunt Kandice pulled out the "kids makeup" (that doesn't come off too easily by the way) for the girls. The boys even got in on it calling it war paint. Julia looked like she belonged on the strip in Vegas.
Kolob Retreat: This last weekend Todd took our family to Kolob to stay in one of his friends cabins. He hunted that night with Payton and early the next morning by himself. It was just nice to hang out with the kids, read my book, watch movies and then we rode the rhino almost all day Saturday. It's so pretty up there! It was fun to spend the weekend with my family!
Porter's B-day: He's going to be five this year and I'm so excited for his party (ok-so his present). I love when there's something we can get him that doesn't cost a fortune but that he will just LOVE! What is this gift? Well, you'll just have to wait until I post about the b-day. Here's a hint.... It is a SUPER HERO themed party (ok so he actually gets two parties. One with his friends {boys only he says!} and the other is with family).
Well, there you have it. More procrastinating novels yet to come!

4 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Misti I think that you have been one busy lady. Sounds like a lot of fun except losing your son. If you really want to be mother of the year... You are going to have to come up with something better than that. I have lost all my kids from time to time. They always come back. =) Seriously though it is the worst feeling in the world.

rayndrop said...

i agree with maridee that it is the worst feeling. we've had our fair share of incidents with our kids and i'm sure there is more to come...crap!

one word of caution with the whole tooth fairy thing...do NOT let your kids start writing letters to her. it never ends.

i commented on your comment in my comments. and if you're planning a trip to sea world, you know we're headed back there. and we're fun, promise.

one more thing in this longest comment ever...are you planning another person for your family? that post left me wondering.

Angie said...

II'm glad you posted! Keep them coming! :) Julia looks so glamourous in her makeup! :) What a scary experience with Porter. i am glad you found him safe and sound. You are still a great mom - as much as I wish we could, we can't always prevent those things from happening.

Morgie said...

awww... i remember all thta stuff!!! fun fun times... :)