Monday, April 12, 2010

Struggling

I really didn't think it would take me this long to do a catch up on life. It's not that we haven't been doing anything "blog worthy" but I just haven't taken the time to post anything. So....Here goes nothing:
{we're still not sure how this was a three way tie for 2nd--because Payton beat both the other boys but they all look happy, don't they? Payton was just trying to find a spot on the podium with the other two}

Wrestling: Another season has come to a close. Payton did pretty well this year but has a lot to learn. Out of the tournaments he went to this year he brought home 3 sliver and 1 gold medal.
Spring Break: We spent the first four days here at home in the COLD. First day it snowed and then the next was rain....it wasn't my idea of a nice spring break. Thursday after a half day of work Tiffani and I took our kids down to Henderson to stay with Cheri for the rest of the week. The kids had a ball swimming, playing at a cool park, swimming, playing with cousins, swimming, playing the wii and more swimming. I didn't take a ton of pictures but here's a few. I really needed a picture of Tiff, Cheri and I going on our "little" bike ride. We set out Saturday morning while Cheri's hubby kept all the kids (I know...what a guy! 12 kids!) It ended up being a 20 mile ride and I was dead when we got home. I blame my poor attitude on the wind (of course I would go again in a heart beat).
Easter Weekend: I should actually say the week leading up to Easter weekend because it was filled with fun. It was Trudi and Cheri's Spring Break so they spent most of their time in St. George. One day the girls got together to make necklaces out of washers that I wear all too often. Another day the kids got to go swimming at the rec center. The kicker was the Friday the kids were out of school we went on a hike. It was a bit more than we expected and packing Julia the whole way took its tole on my body but it was fun. (don't ask my teenage nieces if they liked it because they will lie and tell you NO!!) The Saturday before Easter we played in the sand with my family. They loved being buried and finding treats in the sand. {of course I took NO pictures but will have to get some from someone else} Then Sunday was spent at Todd's G-pa & G-ma Wittwer's. It was one party after another.

Now it's just back to life which can be pretty boring.
(Julia fell asleep on the floor the other day. I love her two binkies...it's hard to pick just one!)

8 comments:

The Johnson's said...

It is good to see you back in blogworld. It looks like you have had a lot of fun.

Tiffani said...

Wow, you are really behind. I'm so glad my blog is so up to date.(whatever) So glad you put it down on paper. I had forgotten about the bike ride.

Doug Kaeli & Paisley said...

Your little girl is getting so big. She is so cute. I think you all underestimate how much i miss you all. Oh the good times.:) Sad about the funeral though. She mentioned that she saw the turricks (sp) and i was so jealous.

The Andra Family said...

Sounds and looks like you've been busy!

Morgie said...

it has only been a few weeks since spring break!!! you arent THAT behind!!!

Tryin' to keep up said...

I found another binkie at my house, so maybe you need to come back and get it. :) We'd love to have you back again. It's nice to have company in day late/dollar short category (in other words, I'm still farther behind than you, but what new for me). Lots of fun memories with you just the same!

Angie said...

I am glad you're back to blogging so keep it up. Even if I don't blog as much, I need you to, so I have something to read. :) Your sister's pool sounds like heaven to me. Julia is getting so big!

KT Bundy said...

That is the sweetest little picture!