Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Newest Panorama Pythons

The boys started their first day of school on August 15. Another move means a new school. I was excited because that means we are close enough to walk/ride to school EVERY DAY! Another good thing about Panorama is that they start earlier and get out earlier than they were before and it's the same schedule EVERY DAY--no early outs on Fridays. 8:30-2:35 every day...love it! 
The girls and I loaded up and walked while the boys rode their bikes. We were a little late actually arriving at the school so I told the boys to hurry and put their bikes in the bike racks (which were on the other side of the school) and I would meet them outside their classroom doors. The great thing was that their classrooms are fairly close to each other...well, their outside door is anyway. I didn't get a picture of them lined up outside their classrooms because we were too late but I did get to go inside Porters class and see where he sits and where to hang his backpack. I think I was more nervous than he was. He seemed to calm and collected when I waved goodbye to him.
When I asked how their first day of school went Porter said, "It was a lot longer day than I expected!" I forget that first grade is quite a bit longer than kindergarten. He comes home tired a lot but I think it will get better throughout the year. Porter has Mrs. Sabaitis for first grade. The first couple weeks of school he would come home and tell me all about the girls that chase him during recess.
Payton told me, "They had to find a bigger desk for me! I'm the biggest kid in the class...again!!" about his first day of school. He is a big boy. I don't worry about him getting bullied, but I do worry about him being a bully to other kids. Sometimes he's just playing with kids and doesn't realize how much bigger or stronger he is and ends up hurting kids. I'm hoping that doesn't happen this year. Payton has Mrs. Paxman for his third grade teacher. His handwriting has made a MAJOR improvement and that's thanks to his teacher. She said she really pushes the basics: handwriting, math. 






Jul's felt like such a big girl riding her bike with the boys on their first day of school





It's going to be a good school year! I'm looking forward to staying in Panorama for quite a while!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Where did you move to? It must be really close to my old house. If we wouldn't have moved to Syracuse, my kids would have gone to Panorama. Cute kids!

Megan said...

such handsome school boys. And honestly, I am jealous of the schedule! so simple and smart!