Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Conversation with the 3 year Old


The girls and I were heading back from Hurricane from a "Lin's Shopping" trip. Julia was asking me about the Holy Ghost. This is the conversation that took place:
J: Mom, who is the Holy Ghost?
M: He helps us make good choices. He is one of Heavenly Father's helpers.
J: Like me?
M: Yup! Like you, but he doesn't have a body like you.
J: He doesn't have a body?
M: No-not like you. He's a spirit.
J: But can he do back flips?
M: ....ummm....I'm sure he does back flips every time you make a good choice!
J: Can he do back flips off that mountain?
M: Sure! (trying not to laugh too much now)
J: Can he sing songs?
M: He love to hear YOU sing songs!
... and then she busts into some song she's learned in primary about the Holy Ghost...or at least parts of the song. The rest she threw in on her own doing. We love knowing about the Holy Ghost. I'm sure this will not be the last conversation we have but I wanted to write this one down because it was of the first I've had with my cute, sassy, strong headed, independent, head standing three year old girl.

1 comment:

Megan said...

she's so cute. I love that her mind goes straight to backflips. She's totally your child.