Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Big 7 - 0 hhhh!

My mom turned 70 this last Sunday. All us girls got together to celebrate on Saturday. A few years ago we took my mom on a bike ride--it was Tiff's idea. My kids loved it and asked if we were doing that again. My mom of course hasn't forgotten it either, but she doesn't have as fond of memories for some reason. She was very nervous that we were going to do something like that again. I told her we were going roller blading this time. We had just all been together at the first of the year so I wasn't sure if Cheri (lives in Henderson, NV) or Trudi (lives in Grantville, UT) were going to make it for the lunch we had planned. When they both said they were going to be here I was so excited and tried to think of all the crazy things we could do just to scare my mom! We really had only planned on doing lunch on Saturday with all the girls and then cake and ice cream on Sunday with all the families that could come. My mom had no idea that Trudi was coming. Cheri spent the night on Friday and then Kandice, Tiffani and I all showed up on Saturday around 1pm. When Trudi got close she called my mom on the phone just to chat. My mom moved into the computer room so she could talk/hear better so she didn't see Trudi come into the house. My mom was so surprised to see her! It was so fun to be a part of the surprise!
We had lunch at my mom's (at her request. She didn't want to go to a restuarant.) We ordered food from Outback (our appetizer--an Awesome Blossom) and Durango's (the main course) and then we went to Costco and got a cheesecake (for dessert). 
It was so fun to be together with the girls. Grandpa was a good sport and kept Jess while we went and got our food. He even paid for our lunch! Double Bonus!! In return, we 'let' him eat with us! I know. We're too kind.
We stayed until late playing games--Tiff's first time playing fugitive...she loved it! We measured A'Lyssa and Ashton for a coffin and let them see stars through a coat sleeve. It was fun and even though it was for my mom, I really appreciated the 'time out' from being a mom!
Sunday night we had cake and ice cream at the club house. It was fun to celebrate my mom's birthday. It's just crazy that she's 70! I love my mom so much! She's such an example of service to me...I guess that's what mom's do! Maybe someday I will be as patient and loving as she is....Maybe.




1 comment:

Angie said...

That is so great that you could all get together! Your mom is such a great woman and I hope she had a wonderful birthday!