Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Payton is SEVEN! and other news

opening gifts!

His DC Shoes. Don't look at JuJu's hair.

as we sang Happy Birthday to Payton

Making a wish over his pancake

I'm not sure what's more weird. The fact that Payton turned seven today or that he'll be eight next year. Either way, my kids are growing up. I was so excited for Payton to open his presents today because he really wanted a new pair of shoes. Of course, he didn't want just any shoes. He wanted "DC Shoes". Aren't they a little younger to be asking for designer things? I told him we could either have a b-day party for him or buy him a present. He chose to have a present, and well, he got his wish. He couldn't stop smiling when he saw the shoe box under that wrapping paper.
I hope he's had a great day at school today because I'm ditching him tonight for what will be my last work party with the Heideman group. After working there for 12 years I'm saying goodbye (until someone has a baby or needs a sub and calls me) to Dr. Heideman's office. I'm going to be working once a week for a pediatric dentist named Cody Johnson. I'm excited for a change and love that I'm going to get to work with kids. So if anyone is looking for a dentist for their kids, I know he does a great job (because I've gotten to fill in the office a couple times and he's good!).
In other news, I chopped my hair. Well, I didn't chop it, I let Kandice do that for me. I miss my long hair but this is a good change. I just wish Kandice would come to my house every day and fix my hair so I like it better. I'll keep practicing and might eventually get it to look as cute as it did the day I came home with it cut. I do have to write what Payton said about my hair cut when I come home from work Monday night (that's the night I had it cut). Payton met me in the garage and said, "You cut your hair?" I said, "Yup! Do you like it?" He said, "Well, you're not as cute as you used to be". Ahhhh, honestly. Where's the duct tape? Better yet, don't ask questions you might not want to hear the answer to.

5 comments:

Angie said...

I think your hair is very cute. Of course I think you always look cute no matter how you have your hair! 12 years is a long time that you've worked at that dentist. That is so awesome that you're going to work for Erica's husband! You will be so good with kids! Happy birthday to Payton! I can't believe our oldest kids are 7!

Cluffers said...

The hair looks great! You don't need me. Happy Birthday Payton! I cant believe he just wanted shoes and those specific ones at that! Man he is growing up and you are getting old! :) I love the pancake birthday candle party! JuJu looks great in the mornings!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Payton! AND cute hair girly.

Cade+Sierra+Averlin said...

Misit! I love the hair! I am so excited that you are working with me once again...BAWHAHAHA.
I was telling Cody about all the pranks and even showed him the picture of your car on April Fools! haha
I cannot believe Payton is SEVEN! You're just become one OLD OLD lady.
You are the oldest lady at the office now! ;)

Anonymous said...

Misti, I am going to miss ya so much! The office just won't be the same without you! Can't wait 'til steph has her baby so you can come fill in! :P. Seriously. ;)

Love the hair. Peyton actually called me at the office and told me all about it before I saw you at the party.