Sunday, October 24, 2010

Buzz or Woody?

I needed to write this down because it is one to remember. We were driving home from church last week when Payton said he really wanted me to make an appointment with Aunt Kandice for a hair cut. Porter said he wanted a buzz. I told him that was one hair cut I could do at home. Then he asked, "Do you know how to do a Woody?" I looked at Todd with a {where did that come from} look. Then it hit me that he was talking about Toy Story. Todd had just taken the kids that weekend to see Toy Story 3 so when he talks about "a Buzz" he's talking about Buzz Lightyear. We {Todd and I} laughed more than we should have, but it was funny--especially when I quietly mentioned to Todd that he would be more capable of doing a Woody than me.
Well, I had to call Kandice and tell her the funny story and set up hair appointments. When we got there she asked if she was doing Buzz or Woody cuts that day. Both boys chose a Woody. {go figure} We met up with Todd for lunch and one of the first things out of Porter's mouth was, "Dad! Aunt Kandice gave me a Woody!"
Needless to say, our entire family who knows the story has gotten a good chuckle out of the whole thing. Thus, the reason for posting it here.... So Porter knows what an awesome boy he is at five years old and the darndest things he says to get mom and dad laughing!

4 comments:

Angie said...

That is so cute and made me smile!

The Johnson's said...

Your kids are all so darling. I just wanted to tell you that the program was great. I know how good it feels to have that finished. I am very thankful for all the primary workers and all that you guys do.

Krystal Trapnell said...

Awesome. And as a side note, I'm glad you know now what a Woody is. I'm not sure you did in high school! :)

rayndrop said...

tee hee hee. funny, funny. i almost can't believe you put that in writing. oh wait. yes i can.